There was a requirement like one Excel file needs to be shared with multiple persons for editing simultaneously.
To provide such facility in Excel 2010 below steps can be followed.
- Create a folder and place the Excel file into it
- Share that folder with the persons to whom you want to allow editing by giving modify permissions
Now open the excel workbook. On the Review tab, in the Changes group, click Share Workbook
- On the Editing tab, select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This also allows workbook merging check box.
- Close the excel file and reopen
- You will see the file is opened in “SHARED” mode on all the locations
- When any body saves the changes. to get reflected on locatiosn everybody as to save.