There was a requirement like one Excel file needs to be shared with multiple persons for editing simultaneously.
To provide such facility in Excel 2010 below steps can be followed.
- Create a folder and place the Excel file into it
- Share that folder with the persons to whom you want to allow editing by giving modify permissions
Now open the excel workbook. On the Review tab, in the Changes group, click Share Workbook
- On the Editing tab, select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This also allows workbook merging check box.
- Close the excel file and reopen
- You will see the file is opened in “SHARED” mode on all the locations
- When any body saves the changes. to get reflected on locatiosn everybody as to save.
While Installing one Web Installer we were receiving no errors and in back ground all Icons are getting disappeared . So checked log file as
start à Run à %temp% ( c:\documents and settings\<User>\appdata\local\temp )
Here opened MSIxxxx.log file ( xxxx is random number ) and seen below line
Error 1704 Install for program is currently suspended. You must undo the changes made by that install to continue.
After reading the error went to Development team asked the procedure of Web installer and come to know they are calling MSI through an EXE at ending the setup
Which means Windows Installer is getting called while running the same which causing the Error.
To resolve the issue removed the MSI calling while ending the Web installer setup which resulted in Error free Web application Installation.