To configure Websites on Web farm in traditional way we copy all websites on all web servers and configure websites and a synchronization mechanism.
This process requires disk space per server to keep website and the delay of synchronization.
So given a thought can we save the disk space and synch delay and done a RnD by following below steps to overcome all these dependencies
After lots of efforts got sucess ..
- Share the Websites folder on MASTER server by giving full control to DOMAIN\appuser account
- Open Command Prompt ( run as administrator )
- Traverse c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v.x.xxxxx\ folder
- caspol -m -ag 1. -url “file://\\10.10.10.131\websites\*” FullTrust
” The Code Access Security POLicy tool enables users and administrators to modify security policy for the machine policy level, the user policy level, and the enterprise policy level. ”
On Master server
- now open IIS manager ( Inetmgr )
- Click on Website for which we want to configure remote share website
From right panel click on Basic Settings and edit the path of website as
- Now click on connect as button and enter domain\appuser account details
- Then click on test settings ( ensure all is green )
- In website feature panel.. Authentication tab … anonymous authentication should run under domain\appuser account.
- Now go in Application Pool tab
- Ensure application pool is running under domain\appuser account
- Recycle the application pool / reset IIS
- Browse the website J
The master server is ready; now follow Step 4 to Step 14 in sequence on all remaining web servers