There was no communication in between Parent and child domains for entire night due to some firewall issue, because of which the replication in between sites does not happened and the trust relationship has broken between parent and child domain.
Following problems has been faced during broken trust relationship.
- Outlook was continuously asking for username and password and even after providing correct credentials it was not communicating with exchange server which is in parent domain.
- Nobody is able to access any network system using NetBios.
The main issue was on child domain it was not allowing to login the user with enterprise & schema admin rights which could helped to repair the trust relationship .
To resolve the issue we have put in lot of efforts with various techniques and the final solution worked is as follows
- On Parent Domain controller ( where the PDC role exists ) installed ADSIedit tool
- From ADSIedit snap-in explore cn=system folder from left panel and delete CN=mkcl.mkclindia.local class TrustedDomain key from right panel
- Explore cn=Users from left panel in ADSIedit snap-in and delete CN=MKCL$ class user from right panel
- On Child Domain controller ( where the PDC role exists ) installed ADSIedit tool
- From ADSIedit snap-in explore cn=system folder from left panel and delete CN= mkclindia.local class TrustedDomain key from right panel
- Explore cn=Users from left panel in ADSIedit snap-in and delete CN=MKCLINDIA$ class user from right panel
Now Restart both the servers parent domain controller and child domain controller.
After restarting both the servers on parent Domain controller open Active Directory Domains and Trusts snap-in
In the Domain and trusts Snap-in -> right on Parent domain and select properties
In the Trusts windows we will not see the trust name between child and domain so to create a new trust click on new trust and provide the appropriate credentials which will establish new trust relationship between parent and child domain.